Thursday, April 20, 2006
Network Effects on Healthcare
Theme: Network Effects on Healthcare - How Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is Shaping the Industry
1. Opening Slide
2. Intro to Network Era
- Define Network Era
- Delineate how triangle of laws empowers possibilities
3. Network-Era Influenced Trends on Healthcare
- See list of Network Era influenced trends on other post (briefly discuss)
- Highlight EMR
4. What is an Electronic Medical Record
- Define EMR
- Briefly discuss tech
5. Current Landscape of Healthcare (as pertaining to medical records transfer)
- Scope of Industry
- Current Stack
- relative proportion of value
- dominant patterns of relationships (vertically & horizontally across layers)
6. EMR Effects
- New stack -how do we define distinct layers?
- How do new capabilities emerge?
- How do relationships link across layers?
- Where is cash register, how has it changed?
- Caveats (privacy, standardization, etc)
- May take more than one slide
7. Reasons Incumbent Companies Should be Concerned
8. Opportunities for New Entrants
9. Conclusion/Questions Slide